Usually the side effects of green tea very rare but in some cases it has shown some of its side effects on certain condition to certain person. So the person must consult their Doctor before going to consume it if they are allergic to certain things in such cases it is better to take precaution first that any harm or danger. These are some of the side effects of Green Tea as follows:-
Constipation and Stomach Upset:- If a person drinks green tea with empty stomach then it increases the stomach acid which sometimes causes constipation. So the best solution to this problem is to drink green tea between meal or after it or milk may also be added into it if it continuously causing stomachaches.
Caffeine:- Green tea contain some amount of caffeine and for some people this little amount could be very harmful or if the green tea is consumed in large amount then this could called various problems as follows:-
- Sleep problem
- Irregular heart beat
- Ringing in the ears
Anemia:- Green tea catechins decrease the absorption of iron from the food and if a person is having iron deficiency anemia than he must drink green tea between his meals otherwise he should consume foods that contain high source of iron with the tea.
Drug interaction:- If a person is taking any prescription drug then he must consider that drug does not have any interaction with green tea otherwise this could be dangerous for him and his health as well.
How to overcome from the Side Effects of Green Tea?
Below are some tips through which one could overcome from the Side Effects of Green Tea as follows:-
- Always drink fresh green tea which is prepared instantly and it should be not very hot while consuming it otherwise it causes digestive problem so it’s better to drink it when it is slightly cooled.
- If brew tea leaves are contained at moderate heat for a longer time then this gets rid from the cancerous substances that are found in the leaves.
- Green tea contains polyphenols and caffeine substance and consumes too strong green tea increase the quantity of these substances in the body. Than caffeine causes heart palpitation and tremor where as polyphenols causes indigestion.
- If a person is prescribed for some medications like heart issues and diabetes then they are taking green tea along with that medication then it could result in some health problems. So it is preferable to consult your doctor before taking green tea with medication.
- Drinking too many cups of green tea could be harmful for the health so always consume it up to 3 to 4 cups a day only.
- It is always preferable to drink green after or before the meals and not between meals as it contains such substances that could inhabit the properties of absorbing non hemi iron and calcium in the body.